Rondebosch Golf Club’s 18-hole course is rated as a ‘must-play’ amongst golfers from Cape Town as well as far afield. Situated only ten minutes from Cape Town’s city centre, with magnificent views of Devil’s Peak and Table Mountain, the course is a popular choice for local and foreign visitors.
Founded in 1911, Rondebosch has seen many changes as a result of road widening and urban development. However, in 1994, a river widening project enabled the course to be completely redesigned and restored to its former status as a superb championship rated golf course.
I want to play this course!
Continued development and beautification has ensured that the course maintains its excellent condition all year round. It remains a challenge to the serious golfer, but is user friendly for the less experienced.
Rondebosch has hosted seven consecutive Sunshine Tour events, two professional ladies European Tour events and the South African Ladies Amateur Open.The river which winds through the course provides challenges to the players and is home to a variety of bird life; from cormorants and kingfishers to wild ducks and egrets.
There are no weak holes and the par 3’s are probably the toughest in the Cape. The new 16th hole, a relatively short par 4 bordered on the left by the river and a large dam on the right, has become the signature hole at Rondebosch.
- Driving range: yes
- Practice green: yes
- Putting and chipping area: yes
- Locker rooms: yes
- Halfway house: yes
- Bar/lounge: yes
- Restaurant: no
- Caddies: yes/no
- Rental clubs: yes
- Rental pull carts: yes
- Rental electric carts/buggies: yes
- Golf lessons: yes
- Course type: Parklands
- Course designer: Bob Grimsdell
- Opened: 1911
- Rating: 18-hole, par 72
- Course length: 6,223 meters (club/men) / 5,197 meters (ladies)
- Grass type(s): indigenous poa annua (greens) / Kikuyu (fairways)
Rondebosch Golf Club requires members and visitors to adhere to a smart casual code of dress. Please co-operate with Management and Staff who are tasked to enforce the dress code. The Club reserves final judgement on apparel.
Course and the Clubhouse:
The following items are not permitted:
- stonewashed, bleached or torn denims,
- draw-string shorts,
- running shorts,
- track suits,
- close fitting cycle-type shorts,
- bare midriffs,
- very short shorts or skirts.
- Footwear: Golf sandals are permitted on the course.
- Men must wear a sleeved shirt with either a collar or crew neck.
- Ladies may wear sleeveless golf shirts. No strap tops.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted in the clubhouse or on the course.
View Cape Town – Platinum Golf, Tours & Accommodation – South Africa in a larger map
- Follow the R44 for about 17km and then get onto the N2 towards Cape Town;
- If you come from the Airport turn left onto the Airport Approach road;
- Then also get onto the N2 towards Cape Town;
- Take Exit 11 towards Jan Smuts (M17);
- After approximately 350m. merge onto Jan Smuts Drive (M17);
- After 1.1km turn right onto Klipfontein Road;
- Follow this road for appr. 1.5km and you will see Rondebosch Golf Club on your right hand side.- Driving time Cape Town International Airport – Rondebosch Golf Course: ~20min. / 12km
- Follow the signs towards the N2 / Cape Town International Airport / Somerset West;
- After almost 6km stay left onto Settlers Way;
- Take exit 9b onto Kromboom Parkway / M5 towards Muizenberg;
- Take exit 12 for M12 / Klipfontein Road towards Athlone;
- After ~450m. turn left onto Klipfontein Road (M18);
- After ~450m. you will find Rondebosch Golf Club on your left hand side.- Driving time Cape Town Waterfront – Rondebosch Golf Course: ~15min. / 12.5km