The Goose Valley Golf Club – easily accessible from the N2 – is situated in pristine surroundings, only 2km from Plettenberg Bay and bordering on the Keurbooms Lagoon. This magnificent golf estate offers a splendid Gary Player designed 72 par, 18-hole signature golf course in the heart of the Garden Route.
I want to play this course!
Golfers will experience breathtaking views of the Keurbooms Lagoon, the Indian Ocean, the spectacular Tsitsikamma Mountains and the famous Robberg Peninsula. The beauty of the natural fynbos, indigenous trees and an abundance of animal and bird life add a special dimension to your golfing experience.
The clubhouse includes a spacious, elegant restaurant and bar with a delightful choice of light meals. The well-stocked pro-shop handles green fees, golf cart and golf club hire. You can expect a warm and friendly reception from a helpful team of staff members and teaching professionals.
The golfing experience is further enhanced by a state-of-the-art driving range with practice chipping, putting and bunker play facilities.
The unique siting of the golf course on a sand dune allows for easy draining of the course and provides the perfect base for year round play, even after heavy rains on tees and greens. An excellent blend of indigenous and coniferous trees complements the picturesque views and water features to provide a challenge to golfers of all abilities.
For a fact
- The course got its name from the ‘Gans Rivier’ or ‘Goose River’ which meanders through the estate, providing ample water for the course and greens;
- You may run into Gary Player here, as he owns a house on the estate.
- Driving range: yes
- Practice green: yes
- Putting and chipping area: yes
- Locker rooms: yes
- Halfway house: yes
- Bar/lounge: yes
- Restaurant: yes
- Caddies: no
- Rental clubs: yes
- Rental pull carts: yes
- Rental electric carts/buggies: yes
- Golf lessons: yes
- Course type: Coastal resort course with elements of Links and Parklands
- Course designer: Gary Player
- Founded/built: 9 holes in 1997; became 18 in 2002
- Rating: 18-hole, par 72
- Course length: 6,001 meters (club/men) / 5,035 meters (seniors) / 4,853 meters (ladies)
- Grass type(s): Bent mixed with Poa Annua (greens) / Kikuyu (fairways) / Kikuyu and indigenous fynbos (rough)
- Traditional golf attire is recommended for all golfers;
- Collared, sleeved shirts including regular polo or mock collars;
- Shirts to be tucked in at all times;
- Tailored pants, dress shorts or skirts/skorts – to be appropriate length;
- For women, sleeveless shirts are permitted (but must have a collar);
- SOFT SPIKES ONLY.
STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED:
- Track pants, gym shorts, cut-off shorts, beachwear, rugby pants, jogging shorts, cycling shorts, or spandex;
- Muscle shirts and tank-tops are not permitted;
- No bare feet – shoes to be worn at all times;
- Jeans allowed – BUT NOT FOR PLAYERS.
View Garden Route – Platinum Golf, Tours & Accommodation – South Africa in a larger map
From Knysna / George direction:
- Travel east on the N2 highway for 2km past Plettenberg Bay towards Port Elizabeth;
- The entrance to the club is on the right, next to the highway and clearly signposted.
- Driving time George – Goose Valley: ~1hr30min. / ~100km
- Driving time Knysna – Goose Valley: ~30min. / ~35km
From St. Francis Bay / Port Elizabeth direction:
- Travel west on the N2 highway towards Plettenberg Bay;
- Approximately 3km after the turnoff to Keurboomstrand you’ll find the entrance to the club on the left, next to the highway and clearly signposted.
- Driving time St. Francis Bay – Goose Valley: ~2hrs15min. / ~170km
- Driving time Port Elizabeth – Goose Valley: ~3hrs. / ~235km
Less than 5km. from the course:
6 to 10km. from the course:
11 to 25km. from the course:
26 to 50km. from the course: