- Full country name: The Republic of South Africa
- Capital cities: Pretoria (administrative capital) / Bloemfontein (seat of high court) / Cape Town (seat of parliament)
- Government: Republic and independent member of the British Commonwealth
- President: Jacob Zuma
- Area: 1,233,404 sq. km.
- Population: some 50 million (2010 est.)
- Religion: Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and traditional religions
- Languages: There are 11 official languages in South Africa, namely: English, Afrikaans, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Southern Sotho, Xhosa, Venda, Tswana, Zulu, Swazi and Tsonga
Popularly described as ‘the world in one country’, South Africa has lots to offer, whether you are interested in game viewing, wine tasting, sports, African arts, culture or just working on your suntan on the endless beaches. Although it is impossible to describe all aspects of South Africa on this site (we suggest you pay a visit to your local bookstore for a selection of well researched guide books), this site focuses on the different golf destinations within the region. We have divided the country into seven different regions and added the Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Islands as an added bonus for those wanting to experience the ‘real Africa’ or extend their golfing holidays to one of emerging golf destinations on one of the islands. To see what the popular golfing destinations are, click here for our clickable map giving you more information per destination.